Thursday 28 March 2013

Some More About My Birthday - And Happy Easter!

When it comes to occasions such as my birthday, or Easter, or Christmas - in short: any event that implies presents, good food and being surrounded by loved ones -, I just can't seem to get enough of them. Take my birthday, for instance. It is almost a week ago that I turned 45, and I have already posted about my party. But I have not taken the streamers down yet, and almost all the presents are still on the desk where I put them on display, and all the flowers are still beautiful.
That way, and by taking pictures and writing about the event on here, I mentally go over such special events again, and sharing those good times with my readers somehow increases the happiness I can draw from them.
Therefore, please bear with me - or, if you're sick and tired of hearing about flowers, presents and the weather, simply skip today's entry and wait for the next.

For everyone else, here is an assortment of pictures taken this week.

After a more or less sunny weekend, this sight greeted me when I got up on Monday morning:



But indoors, I had plenty to be happy about! Look at the beautiful flowers people brought for my birthday:



Yellow tulips and blue forget-me-nots - the perfect bouquet for me, since yellow is my favourite colour and forget-me-nots are my favourite flowers! The orange and white tulips match the colour scheme of my living room so well, it'll be a shame when I'll have to let them go some time this weekend.

All my presents in one picture:
See the yellow socks with the crocheted flowers on top in the front? You can probably guess who made those :-) Speaking of which, the March giveaway is still running.
The red with white polka-dots is a pair of trousers - can't wait to wear them, but it will have to be MUCH warmer for that! Whereas I have already been wearing the blue cardi in two different combinations, one to the office and the other one to an event called "IT-Brunch", which is held regularly in my town and where I usually go when I do not have other appointments that day:


It is raining right now, which means the snow is being washed away. Good! Tuesday still looked like this:

No matter. I am looking forward to this weekend, which is FOUR days long instead of two, because of Easter. Happy Easter to all of you!

33 comments:

  1. Today is my birthday and I have flowers, presents and cake!! and freezing cold weather!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Birthday to you, Gill!!! Enjoy your flowers, presents and cakes - and never mind the weather :-)

      Delete
  2. All those lovely flowers are so pretty! Many useful and thoughtful gifts. I agree with you no matter this awful cold weather it is great to look forward to the upcoming days off! Happy Easter to you and your Mother!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely flowers, and taking photos is always a way to make them last even longer :) I like your blue cardigan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Monica, I like it as well. It's almost the same model as the yellow one I showed here on my blog recenlty, just with slightly shorter sleeves.

      Delete
  4. Looks like a lovey party, your forget me nots are such a dark hue, ours here in California are paler, still very pretty though. Just bought two big bouquets of rannuclus, I love them and they have the golden yellow, peach, pinks, vanilla, and even striped. I splurged and am so glad!
    Hope spring comes soon,

    xx
    julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If rannuclus are what I think they are (Ranunkeln in German), they are very beautiful flowers - can't blame you for having "splurged" on them :-)

      Delete
  5. It's an interesting point about how long one leaves celebratory decorations up for. We usually leave birthday cards, etc. around for about a fortnight or so. There's no fixed time just that there comes a day when the things feel as though they should be removed. Jo's mother's day cards, for example, came down yesterday (seventeen days).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Usually, I take cards and presents away for my weekly cleaning of the flat, which normally happens on Saturdays. For Christmas season, I leave things around from the first Advent Sunday until the 6th of January, and for Easter, usually not more than maybe 4 weeks altogether, ending with the Tuesday immediately after Easter.

      Delete
  6. Dear Librarian, my heartfelt belated birthday wishes to you. It looks like you had a wonderful day and I hope it continues to be for years to come. Happy Easter and happy springtime to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything looks so beautiful. I'm happy that your birthday has given you happiness for so many days. The flowers are gorgeous. I hope we see a picture of the polka dot trousers being modeled sometime. I think I'm flying back to winter in Ohio on Sunday afternoon, but it's still beautiful summer here in Florida.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kristi! You bet there will be a fashion post about all my "dotty" things in the near future :-)
      I hope you won't catch a cold when you change climates so dramatically on Sunday.

      Delete
    2. I'm back in Ohio now and just looked out my window this morning to discover it's snowing! No palm trees. But still, wonderful to be home again.

      Delete
    3. Sunny here today, but still very cold at only 3 Celsius. Glad you got home safe & sound!

      Delete
  8. Hello I'm visiting from Paul's blog, after reading the comment that you left on his post. My goodness, I saw the photo with the snow which obviously fell during the night...where I live, in sub tropical Australia, we don't get snow at all. Sounds like you've had some fun celebrating your birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Maria, thank you for popping over! I don't mind getting some snow in winter (preferably around Christmas), but there shouldn't be any more at this time of the year. Regardless of the weather, I did indeed have lots of fun celebrating my birthday!

      Delete
  9. Frohe Ostern, Meike.

    Da haben wir ja immer noch Gelegenheit zum feiern. Man soll die Feste . . . .usw. Bin ich auch fuer. Immer.
    Unser Schnee liegt noch, aber die Strassen sind befahrbar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vielen Dank, und für Euch ebenso!
      Ihr hattet wirklich viel mehr Schnee als wir. Auch meine Verwandtschaft oben in Yorkshire hatten sehr viel.

      Delete
  10. Glad you had a great brithday. It is wonderful to have a lovely family and friends to share special days with. I love your outfits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Paula! Yes, I am very lucky in that I have family and friends close by.

      Delete
  11. Happy Easter, and you are right, continuing to remember and post pics of good times makes them seem to last longer.

    ReplyDelete
  12. YOu certainly don't look 45, I thought you were in your early 30s. Happy Belated Birthday and Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel flattered, Caramella, mille grazie :-)
      Buona Pasqua anche a te e la tua famiglia!

      Delete
    2. I agree with you, Caramella.

      Delete
  13. I love that you share about your gifts, Meike! The flowers bring cheer to a room, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do, Norma, and I was sorry that I had to throw most of them out on Saturday. Of course, the potted ones are still there :-)

      Delete
  14. Heavens above I'm still 5 or 6 days behind. I love the flowers. Yellow is one of my favourite colours too and when a friend recently asked me for my favourite flower (to incorporate in an art project) I included primroses, snowdrops and forget-me-nots.

    I'm afraid that I don't 'do' decorations unless I absolutely have to but I do enjoy them vicariously so keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I am glad, then, that I have not been posting every day, adding to your "workload" of to-be-read blogs!
      Usually, I don't "do" decorations, either. Christmas and Easter are exceptions, and this year, the party was so close to Easter that the two almost coincided.

      Delete
  15. Dear Meike,
    I am sorry also that I have not left a comment here to tell you how much I love this post and that you shared your birthday with your followers!
    I love your flowers and I must also tell you that I love your plaid skirt with those boots and bright blue sweater, that looks so good on you!
    Hope you had a great birthday and will have a great year ahead!
    Love,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Kay, don't worry - you have left a comment now, haven't you :-)
      Glad you like my birthday description, flowers and outfits!
      Love,
      Meike

      Delete