Friday 16 September 2016

Where I Will Be All Weekend

In about two hours, I'll board a train to Stuttgart where I'll change to one to Lindau (Lake Constance) and there to another one to Dornbirn in Austria. O.K. will meet me there and take me to the place in Bregenz Forest (which is, by the way, not a forest but the name of the entire region there) where he's been staying since Monday afternoon.
I'll be joining him for a long weekend, having taken today and Monday off. Our hotel has a spa and the meals are luxurious; even if the weather foreacst should be true and it rains all Saturday and Sunday, we won't get bored anytime soon - the most important thing is that we get to spend time together.

Up until now, it's been gorgeous weather there, too, and O.K. has sent me photos of the mountain hikes he's been on every day. With his permission, I am showing you what it looks like there:





When I saw this in one of O.K.'s emails, it looked familiar. And sure enough - this is the Kanisfluh, a mountain I flew past  back in April this year! Click here if you want to see the pictures from that flight.


The valley where our hotel is:



One morning, the bus O.K. had planned to get on (to get to the bottom of another mountain to climb) was half an hour late. The reason? See for yourself:



I am very much looking forward to this weekend - never mind the weather forecast!

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful country and the very best of company! Enjoy your long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kristi, we both did!
      Getting home yesterday took longer than anticipated, due to a LOT of traffic on the roads, but we simply considered it as time spent together.

      Delete
  2. I hope you have a wonderful time! Say hello to O.K. for us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not usually an envious person but...........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wait until you'll see my pictures, Graham. It was rather different by the time I arrived...

      Delete
  4. That's a lot of cows going down a road! What a gorgeous place, hope you had a great time!
    Tell O.K. that K. said hello!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kay! We did have a great time, even though I did not get to see quite the same impressive sights as O.K. did.

      Delete
  5. Some very impressive views there - cows included!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There'll be more impressive views - although rather different - in my next post, and not so many cows... :-)

      Delete
  6. Nothing more beautiful than mountains in the sunshine! The cows cracked me up - must be absolutely deafening to be around a herd!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Usually, they are not all gathered together like that, but rather eat or rest in small groups on their summer pastures. For the occasion of moving them back down to the valley for the winter, more than one herd is brought together, I've been told. I wonder how much they actually dislike the sound of the bells they are forced to wear.

      Delete